Having a video that tells prospective customers about your products or services is now considered a must have for businesses of all sizes. But what if you are a small business with a small business marketing budget? Is it possible to create a video that looks like a million bucks for only a few thousand, or a few hundred, dollars?
10 Tips for Creating a Successful Business Video
1. Know who your target audience is.
2. Have a solid concept and script (before you start shooting).
3. Have a clear, simple message — and minimize (or cut) the corporate jargon.
4. Keep it short — typically under two minutes (though there are exceptions).
5. Film in a quiet place (preferably with professional-grade equipment) with good lighting — or hire someone who knows how to shoot a video.
6. Add music.
7. Include a call to action — and a link to your website or preferred landing page.
8. Brand your video with your logo.
9. Post your video to YouTube.
10. Share your video(s) on social media — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ — and with existing and prospective customers (via email newsletters).
For explanations of each tip, as well as additional tips, read my article “14 Tips for Creating Business Videos Customers Will Want to Watch.” For video marketing tips, check out my article “How to Make Video Marketing Work for Your Business.”
By the way, as one small business learned, your video doesn’t have to go viral to be successful. It just needs to get to the right people.